Wednesday, June 24, 2015

There's Something About Food

Wedges by me

Gee, I never thought I'd see the day. Me, writing about food. And not just about bad food or horrible kitchen experiences, but something real good and real edible for once. A vague recipe!

Yes, I never miss a chance to crow about a cooking escapade but this time it is different. It's awesome.

I've decided to learn to prepare one of my all-time favourite side order at any restaurant that offers it - the wedges!

Can you believe that I dared to deviate from the written T? After saying that I don't know much about cooking, you'd think I wouldn't even think of changing anything. But it was all for the chance of producing yummy, tasty wedges.

I am chuffed to say that after tweaking the recipe I found on the Internet. I am now really a proud potato wedges maker, baker, whatever. I have made these wedges so scrumptious that my family prefers it more than the restaurant version.

And so here it goes - my chance to crow about my kitchen accomplishments again.

It's a simple enough recipe but for a kitchen disaster like me, it's a milestone. If you do attempt the recipe, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Stuff that goes into the making of the potato wedges.....The measurements are just recommended but not strict. I don't mean to be vague as this is how I prepare it.

1. Peel the potatoes, cut them in the shape you want your wedges to be. I use 4-5 medium-size potatoes.
2. Wash potatoes and place them in a cookie baking tray, lying on one flat side.
3. Pour 4 TBSP oil over the potatoes.
4. Pre-heat oven to 350F
5. Sprinkle a pinch of black pepper (I use 3/4 TSP) and garlic powder (I use 1 1/2 TSP).
6. Make sure you go through each wedge and that each wedge has some oil, pepper and powder.
7. Place wedges tray into oven. Bake for 20 minutes.

Turn me over!


8. Take out after 20 minutes and turn wedges over with a tong. Every single one of them so that they lie on the other flat side.
9. Bake for another 15 minutes.
10. Take out and lift wedges. Place them on some kitchen tissue to suck the oil out.
11. Place in the final plate, sprinkle seasoning salt (to taste) and shake and throw the wedges around the plate to spread the salt.
12. Serve. Enjoy!

Wow! My first ever recipe. On the blog. Ever. I'm never living this down.

No comments: