Wednesday, April 8, 2015

My Bit of #OOTD

Eons ago, when the dinosaurs roamed the Earth, I spoke about wanting to add a one-shoulder top to my wardrobe collection. That was way back in 2011. To tell the truth, I was so picky that I never really got around to buying one until now.

So last December, I got my wish. I finally had an excuse to shop for new clothes! As if we girls need that extra push of an excuse to shop for clothes (You know what I mean, wink, wink).

Hubby and I got invited to attend a year-end function at his workplace and so buying a new outfit was definitely in order.

I shopped high and low, beating the Christmas rush at the packed malls, tried on a couple of dresses at different boutique shops. The price tags on the dresses made me a bit gaga but I'm always of the idea that if you're happy with your purchase, money should not be an object (unless that is, you really do not have the money to pay for it). I was ready to settle on a little, short-skirted garb when I stumbled upon the red, one-shouldered ensemble.

And the rest, as we say, is history. It took me 2 hours in a 100-square-metred shop to finally be at peace with a dress. Absolutely got mesmerised with the colour. And I really loved the flowing, hanging sash-like fashion.

So, I am happy to share that after many long years (3 to be exact), I finally got my lopsided look. And it wasn't just a top, it was a dress. I supposed I desired it long enough that the fabric just stretched a bit, hahaha.

Here I am, in my #OOTD (outfit of the day) or OOTN (outfit of the night, a more fitting description) four months ago.

No comments: