Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Xmas with a Chance

Are you feeling Christmas lucky???

I must admit that the first year I got it, I found this Christmas gift an oddity. I've never really thought of scratch cards as anything but just play tickets, much less holiday gifts.

But apparently, a work colleague has made it a tradition each year of handing out Christmas cards to all fellow employees with a few scratch cards included in them.

This year was my second year to receive such a gift from him. Even though I was truly grateful for making it onto his "good girl" list, I did not really place a lot of faith in them lotto tickets. However much I professed to be a lucky soul (because I'm a dragon), I did not believe in just pure chance.

Imagine my surprise when one of the scratch cards actually bore fruit and won $200. Yep, you read it right. $200 from a $3 play card. That was some winning indeed. Actually, I should rephrase that and say that it was a great holiday gift! Next thing you know, Mariah Carey could be singing about all I want for Christmas is some scratch cards, LOL.

Have you ever gotten an odd gift that turned out to be the greatest?

No comments: