Thursday, June 12, 2014

Writer's Workshop: The Man In The Kitchen

Mama’s Losin’ It

One of the best things my husband does for the family is feed us. Hands down, no contest, and I do admit defeat here.

I know that I joke about it all the time, me being undomesticated. I've told stories about how I used to serve my hubby fried pork chops when he was courting me. I poke fun that with me in the kitchen, recipes mean nothing even if they stare me in the eyes. My cooking skills are really out of this world, actually, more like not here nor there nor anywhere on this Earth at all.

But to refocus on the subject, I'd just like to say that my hubby really does thrive in his simple labour of love. He's a great cook to boot. And I'm truly grateful for it.

So for this coming Father's Day, here's to the man behind the apron, who feeds us and feeds us well.

This Father's Day inspired post joins Mama Kat's Writers Workshop today.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great to have a man who cooks. My husband was definitely better than me when we first married, but I think I've learned a lot in the years. Nice post! Found you from Mama Kat!

KatBouska said...

He cooks!! Ohhhh what a wonderful man indeed. My husband would like to cook every once in awhile I think, but it rarely happens. He's really good at picking up take out though!