Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Skywheeling At Clifton Hills

Don’t know when last I rode a ferris wheel but judging at the way I feel about it now, I definitely ain’t used to it anymore.
 
The Skywheel was in fact, just another giant ferris wheel that could seat 4-6 people in one enclosed cart. It was a mild ride, compared to carnival rides standard. We rotated 3 times before being let out and the ride in total lasted about 20 minutes.
 
My youngest really enjoyed the ride so much, even going as far as moving around inside the cart so she could see the whole of Clifton Hills. But it was definitely less than thrilling for hubby and me. We felt our stomachs turned as we jiggled and wobbled within the cart. I think age does that to you.
 
Regardless though, hubby still managed to snap a photo with the Niagara Falls in the background. Can you see the fear in my eye?
 
Grabbing the edges on the Skywheel
 
I have now put the ferris wheel as one of my “not-for-the faint-hearted” rides. Definitely won’t be hopping on one of these anytime soon.
 
So what are your fond and not-so-fond experiences with the giant rotating wheel in the sky?

No comments: