Monday, July 2, 2012

The Prodigal Employee

From here


I'm a little nervous about announcing stuff, especially about career moves, as I think I may have spoken out too soon recently when I said that I was involved in a head hunt.

I even thought that maybe wishing myself some luck would somehow magically put me on the right and straight, errors and mistakes free. But alas, it was not meant to be.

The company I went into was in a state. And although I can probably try to stay and assist, I could see that in the end, for all that is good and well, the company will not be saved. It was going one way, and one way alone.

I decided to negotiate my return with my old employer and ain't I just lucky that they still quite haven't found a replacement? I laid all my cards on the table, including the emigration trump card and a timeline of around 6 months. To my amazement...and relief, my old boss still wants me back.

So, much like the parable, the prodigal employee (that's me!) returns. I plan this to be my last job in South Africa before my emigration takes flight.

I hope no jinxes come my way, but am hoping for the best here now!

No comments: