Tuesday, August 30, 2011

TCP: The Disaster Was Unstoppable


I have to bite my tongue as I check this week's topic for Tuesday Couch Potatoes. It is all about disaster movies...and my first choice would have been Titanic but then everybody would say, "But of course!"

So I shall think up some other disaster...how about a train disaster?

I have recently had the chance to watch the film, Unstoppable, starring Denzel Washington and Chris Pine. It tells the story of a runaway freight train and the two men who attempt to stop it.
NOT MY PHOTO
Denzel Washington plays veteran railroad engineer Frank Barnes, who has to show the ropes to a young train conductor, Will Colson (Chris Pine) on Colson's first day at work. It looked like any normal day as they picked up their cargo and travel their way to the drop off. During their train ride, they learn that an unmanned freight train carrying toxic chemicals has run loose on the tracks. Frank convinces Will to join him and together they race against time to try and stop the runaway freight train.

I actually like watching films like this as it is one of those, what I like to call, 24-hour film. Meaning that the film takes place in a day. Makes me feel like I'm watching a whole season of 24 but on a 90-minute version. Of course there are bad 24-hour films out there as well, but Unstoppable is definitely not one of them.

I recommend this if you feel for an action-packed thriller.

1 comment:

jona said...

very breathtaking :) like this movie too :)my TCP