Friday, August 5, 2011

My Child, The Mouse Poet

A few months ago, my child was given a piece of paper with a poem that she had to memorise. It took her several days but she did the memorising with much enthusiasm. Her poem was entitled "No Hickory, No Dickory, No Dock". The poem talks about a mouse being blamed for running up a clock which it did not do. It confesses to eating the house owner's cheese and running under the bed but it simply denied ever running up the clock.

(I think this is where Missy smelled a rat. Anyways.....)

There was promise in her performance and so her Grade 1 teacher chose her to enter the Eisteddfod, which is an annual showcase of school talents all over Gauteng. Daughter and I were thrilled. This was gonna be her first Eisteddfod (hopefully the start of many more). We earnestly practiced the poem each night, each line, each emotion.

The Eisteddfod was held last Friday and I am very proud to report that she got a gold certificate for her efforts.

Well done, my child!

No comments: