Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My Professional World In Shambles!

Picture Borrowed
In less than a week's time, I am about to experience the biggest upheaval in my professional life....we are moving offices! What did you think I was talking about? (wink, wink)

Can't believe that we are almost there. We started the whole project about 3 months ago - looking for suitable space, negotiations regarding the rent, liaising with the movers, landlord, space planners and other key players, etcetera. There has been a lot of work involved. And although this is far from what I normally do (which is finances), I am actually lucky that the bosses have included me in the project team to handle and manage this ordeal. Lucky in the sense that I am learning so much more (basically I am thinking outside the accounting box now :-)). Unlucky, I suppose, because the time space given is not really conducive for training and so if there is any learning to be done, I had better be flexible and do it fast and pronto.

So we will see. The project has been moving along nicely, albeit at a faster than normal rate. No major hitches (thank God!) have been encountered. And in less than a week, I will be in my new office. I'll post some pictures up then.

No comments: