Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sleuthing With Poirot

Lately I've been caught up in this craze of going about sleuthing with Monsieur Hercule Poirot. Many a night I've accompanied him and my e-reader on adventures into far away (not to mention, make-believe) land.

I don't know what has come over me. In the last 2 weeks, I have read no less than 14 Agatha Christie novels, all of them featuring her famous Belgian detective. If you count correctly, that would be one story each night.

I think this is some sort of aftershock (or relief) from exams mode last May. It was hectic and nerve-wrecking going into exams week. And although it was actually only one examination paper I had to contend with, I was literally in tatters as I went into the hall to take the test. It did not help that that particular subject was one that I failed last November. Wish Hercule was there to sleuth out some answers for me, hahaha.

But oh well. Don't know how much better I did with the paper this time around. Felt good but not too good about it. My little grey cells were not working properly again I guess.

All I knew was...Hercule was waiting for me at the end of the tunnel. :-) Okay, so it was not ALL Agatha Christie for me. I did manage to squeeze one teensy weensy Mary Higgins Clark novel in last week sometime. But for the moment, it is Monsieur Poirot with me.

I can't wait to dive into my novel again tonight. Bonne chance, I suppose is in order for me when I get my exam result in July. We shall see.

No comments: