Thursday, June 2, 2011

Girls Talk - THE English Teacher

NOT MY PHOTO
This will probably sound foolish. I look at the theme for today's Girls Talk and instantly think of a teacher in high school....yet, I can't recall her name. Bad, bad, bad. I remember the other teachers I had (not all, mind you) but not the particular one that I wanted to share with you today.

I think her first name was Esperanza, surname could be Lee but I am totally unsure. Yet before I harp on too long about my "unnamed" teacher and reasons thereof, I shall just call her THE English Teacher.

I had THE English Teacher as my English teacher (duh?!) in my second year of high school. She was always vibrant and energetic in class that there was never a doubt that she had passion for the English language. Her enthusiasm was catchy. I remember me and my high school clique (the nerds we were called) raving about THE English Teacher after every one of her class. She was strict and pushed us to the limit when it came to language usage, but we thoroughly enjoyed being taught by her. I suppose, her zest just spilt on to me as I became engrossed with perfecting my English. At one point in my life, I even contemplated to study media and communication at university.

'Tis true indeed, the power of a teacher is their ability to inspire. These days, of course, I just flex whatever is left of my English inspiration around here on the blog. Be the media mogul that I always thought I'd be when I was in my second year of high school. Never really thought about it until now that I owe THE English Teacher a lot for my love of the language, including reading and writing. So thank you, my unnamed hero. Perchance I shall look you up on Facebook :-)

My share for Girls Talk this week after a month-long absence, prepping for my exams. Visit the other Girl Talkers to see who their choices are!

8 comments:

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

you also remind smeof my english teach in hs, she required us to speak english during her period,regardless of the grammar,she always applaud our effort. :)

GT: Teacher's Pet

genny said...

nice post....i bet your teacher is one of those who have the heart to mold their students into a better individual. visiting you back...:-)

kim said...

that was a very nice and touching tribute to your former English teacher. wherever she is right now, maybe she is still touching lives the way she did to yours...

care to visit MY ENTRY?

Travel-Bunny said...

English is a universal language, everyone knows it, majority speaks it. How to capture students attention towards this language? By having a teacher like you had :)

Thanks for sharing MJ.

Mars @ The Life Encounters said...

That's a great way to teach a student English, practice... I'm sure you'd probably find her in FB . :)

zoan said...

I think sa lahat ng teachers, ang pagiging English teacher and mahirap kasi more on Filipino tyo dba? minsan nga we are forced to speak Enlish language para matuto pero kahit mahirap, our English teachers are very patient to teach us talaga ehehe

mine is up herE: http://stylishvoyager.com/2011/06/02/gt-fave-teacher/

Beauty Queen Gene said...

i hope you find her on Facebook soon! wish me luck, as well. it seems she doesn't have an FB account so i'm trying the more traditional ways to seek her out :)

Chris said...

let me think.. i cant remember her name either :( but i do remember a mrs. lee :)