Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Weighing In: Week 10 For The Food Diarist

I just realised as I pre-post this that on the day this post comes out, I will be sweating myself out at the Wits University examination hall, trying to burst an intelligent vein for my CIMA exam. Pardon me if I talk and scramble myself in between present and past tense. I am slightly not myself from all the late nights - eating peanuts (supposedly a brain food) and doing revisions.
I am hoping that my study techniques will give me a more rewarding result on my exam than what I have gotten so far with this diary. Yes, that is a tone of despair and disappointment. But no worries, I am not about to give up. Not just yet anyway.

As previously advised I will not be posting as regularly as I used to. Let us admit it did get quite boring just talking about the food and nothing else. I have vowed to continue on my journey but just to report a little less about it. So that if I do report, there would be some significant change. Or not.

Anyway, not to drag on on my last post (last for now), herewith my week of consumption:

Monday - no breakfast as I was a bit fluish and didn't really want to take anything....
Monday - lunch - a mild quarter chicken breast portion with peri-peri potato wedges
Monday - dinner - brown rice and fried fish

Tuesday - breakfast - Kellogg's All-Bran flakes with one banana and low fat milk
Tuesday - lunch - a mild quarter chicken breast portion with peri-peri potato wedges
Tuesday - dinner - brown rice and sauteed green beans

Wednesday - workout - 20 minutes fastwalking and 20 minutes cycling
Wednesday - no breakfast
Wednesday - lunch - chicken chow mein, chicken with coconut milk (kaldereta), 2 small spring rolls, 2 pieces of barbecued pork
Wednesday - snack - a slice of fresh peppermint and caramel cream cake
Wednesday - dinner - chicken chow mein, chicken with coconut milk (kaldereta), 1 piece barbecued pork

Thursday - breakfast - 15 strips of dried mango
Thursday - lunch - a mild strips and spicy rice
Thursday - dinner - brown rice and fried tofu in soy sauce and one piece of chicken from chicken ginger stew with pawpaws (tinolang manok and papaya)
Thursday - snack - 50g sweet thai chilli Lays potato chips

Friday - breakfast - Kellogg's All-Bran flakes with one banana and low fat milk
Friday - lunch - 2 minute spicy beef noodles
Friday - dinner - asado mami (noodles with pieces of chinese barbecued pork and beef strips)
Friday - snack - an Oreo McFlurry
Saturday - workout - 45 minutes steps aerobics class
Saturday - breakfast - beef mami (noodles with pieces of beef strips only, the barbecued pork was finished :-( )
Saturday - lunch - grilled fish and calamari tubes and prawn pops and fish nuggets
Saturday - dinner - 2 bowls of corn soup
Sunday - breakfast - plain rice congee with chicken pieces and boiled egg (lugaw arroz caldo)
Sunday - snack - 2 slices of sponge cake
Sunday - lunch - 125g sweet thai chilli Lay's potato chips (I was really drooling for one)
Sunday - dinner - 2 piece chicken McNugget and medium french fries

No comments: