Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Soundtrack Of My Life

I am sure this is just Volume 1 for me. I love music too much to not update this compilation every now and then when new songs I fancy come out.

Let me at that studio to play pretend DJ for today. Here is my list of songs that will make it to the soundtrack of my life:

1. Hand In My Pocket by Alanis Morrisette - This happy-go-lucky song definitely describes me to a T. It is my life anthem and therefore makes it to the top spot.

Fave line - "I'm broke but I'm happy, I'm poor but I'm kind,
I'm short but I'm healthy yeah"

2. Perfect by Pink - This song is my favourite anthem at the moment. I am not all nice and good but am definitely the only way that I can ever be.

Fave line - "Mistaken, always second-guessing,
Underestimating, look I'm still around"

3. I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston - I chose this song because it reminds that nothing lasts forever. There will always be some people who will be left behind because they can no longer continue being in your life for some reason or other. And yes, to show there are no hard feelings, I dedicate this not just to the people who matter, but also to those other ugly, mean people I've had to banish from my life as well. You know who you are.

Fave line - "And I wish you joy and happiness,
But above all this, I wish you love"

4. Strong Enough by Sheryl Crow - Sometimes I doubt if I am ever meant to be accepted and loved by my man. And so for that reason (not to mention, for reassurance purposes), this song makes it onto the playlist.

Fave line - "So try and love me if you can,
Are you strong enough to be my man?"

5. I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas - This is such feel-good music! I hear the first beats and all of a sudden, my heart feels lighter already. For me, this is the best music to listen to when you wanna feel upbeat about everything.

Fave line - "I gotta feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night"

6. Fields of Gold by Eva Cassidy - A very haunting voice that moves me to tears every single time I listen to it. Eva Cassidy was truly a gem.

Fave line - "But I swear in the days still left, we will walk in fields of gold"

7. Since U Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson - Because let's face it, most of us will probably have that somebody in the past who has wronged us and now we're just so very glad that they did.

Fave line - "Thanks to you now I get what I want"

8. A New Day Has Come by Celine Dion - When I hear this song, I always think about my kids. I wonder why? I think it reminds me that with each kid, a new day came for me and I was never the same ever since.

Fave line - "I can't believe I've been touched by an angel with love"

9. Breathe (2AM) by Anna Nalick - This song feels very bare and naked to me. Almost piercing. It describes how I feel about blogging.

Fave line - "2am and I'm still awake, writing this song,
If I get it all down on paper, it's no longer inside of me,
Threatening the life it belongs to

10. Telephone by Lady Gaga - What is a compilation without a Lady Gaga song nowadays? I soooo wish I could say this to some people sometimes.

Fave line - "Stop calling, stop calling, I don't wanna talk anymore"

I just realised now that most of the songs I chose for this list are sung by women. Hmmm, maybe Volume 2 will be more of a male variety. How about you? What songs do you reckon will play when they talk about your life?

No comments: