Thursday, February 10, 2011

Girls Talk - Courage In Love

Today at Girls Talk we share our stories of being courageous in the name of love. And to tell the truth, this topic has got me stumped. I must admit that being courageous has never really been part of my gene pool. And all for love...what's that? LOL.

Anyway, best I come up with something or I will just ramble on this post....

The most courageous act of love that I have done (and that I can think of) is that at a slightly youngish age (I don't think I wanna mention the figure here), I got married. A life-changing decision. One that could have turned out either way. The risks of the marriage not turning out well were quite high and most of my side of the family were against it.

Suffice it to say that naysayers predicted the union would never last.

So 15 years down the line, here we are, still at it. The marriage has its ups and downs, of course. But every single day that I wake up still next to my man, I feel that I am taking that courageous leap of faith all over again. Hmmm....how far is it still to forever? :-)

This is my share for this week. Join us.

10 comments:

Travel-Junkie said...

You know sometimes, the thought of taking a chance where you wont know how it will eventually turn out, is scary, but you still want to take it.

Thats Faith and that's Love.
Good luck! :)

Seiri said...

hey, getting married is really a tough decision, you really need courage for that because it's a decision for a lifetime. the good news is, your courage was all worth it right?.. =))

lyzacruz88 said...

I love that courageous leap of faith! Happy GT :)

http://www.lyzalane.info/2011/02/girls-talk-my-courageous-act-of-love.html

Kero said...

Congratulations! mga isang dekada pa ang hahabulin ko sayo heheee..

I still ahve a lot of buddies who are so afraid of getting married =)

Thank you so much for the visit!

darly said...

partners and lovers for life..... happy for you sis :)

have a great weekend, here's my GT entry- hope you'd check it out too.

genny said...

faith with each other and faith in God is important to a long lasting relationship/marriage. cheers!

♥peachkins♥ said...

getting married takes a lot of courage because you really don't know what to expect and what's instore for you once you got married..

kim said...

getting married is a BRAVE thing to do. for one, you do not know what you're really getting yourself into and second, what will you do if you don't like what you got yourself into, lol!

Shengkay said...

keep the faith..

heres mine..

http://shengkay-mylifemybuhay.blogspot.com/2011/02/gt-courageous-acts-of-love.html

K said...

awww.. reminds me of that shania twain song:

They said, "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong..

love love your post! indeed, marriage takes a lot of courage to go into :)