Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Novice Blogging - Note #14 (Disclosure Policy)

One of the first pages that I've added onto my blog when I first started out was a disclosure policy. And I must admit that you can never be too careful about this.

Being a “published” blogger (posted by me and published by me, lol, but of course, powered by Blogger), your disclosure policy must be clear as to what sort of considerations you accept in exchange for advertisements on your site and product reviews. Remember that if you get some sort of compensation to write a product review, it could taint the readers as to your motives and the opinions that you present on the product.

I got a standard disclosure policy from a website called DisclosurePolicy.org. There is a lot of information on this website with regards disclosure policies and their importance, especially to bloggers and advertisers.

If you haven’t got a disclosure policy on your blogsite yet, go read up and seriously consider getting one. One just never knows.

No comments: