Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Novice Blogging - Note #13 (Watermarking)

Okay, so I haven’t quite perfected this yet but I have been doing this since the start of this blog....well, almost since. Give or take about 10 first photos that went up on this site did not have any watermarks on them.


Whenever I use personal photos for my blog, I stake my claim on them. Here come the watermarks. Watermarks are slightly faded letters on photos that usually state their origination. On most cases, I’ve found that bloggers just either watermark in their website’s name or address onto the photos. This is a good way to actually promote your blog website and such.

Not any different, most of my personal photos contain my website’s details. It is a bit of a mouthful but I usually put them around the edges.

On the internet, you can try Free Watermark Tool. You just upload the photo and select the transparency and the font of your watermark. Type in the words you want on the photo and the watermarks are then stamped on the photo. You get a code for the watermarked photo and you can use this then.

I have mostly preferred to use good ol’ Paint, which comes with Windows. After editing the photos (cropping and resizing, you name it), I quickly pop the photo on Paint, and do my thing. Of course then, my watermarks are not as faded as most. Actually, I tend to use bright colours. But it works for me for now so it’s fine.

No comments: