Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My Christmas Present - Surprise Or Not?

Recently I've been hinting (quite excessively) that I wanted a certain Christmas CD as a Christmas present from hubby. Hubby vows that he will buy the CD and give it to me during the holidays. However, I pointed out that as it is a Christmas CD, I would like to get it beforehand so that I could enjoy it. Who wants to be playing Christmas songs in January anyway?

So we made a date to go out and buy this CD. But somehow or other, it just never happened. I started feeling frustrated. I decided that I would have to leave buying the CD up to him. I have already told him what I wanted, it would be kinda weird if I still have to keep reminding (= nagging) him to buy it for me.

The next day after our second attempt to "buy" the CD never materialised, hubby came home with some unusual groceries from the store. Part of the groceries was a weekly magazine that I always read. The magazine was enclosed in a plastic envelope as he gave it to me. I actually thought that the magazine appeared bulky to start with. Imagine my surprise, when I opened the magazine, the CD was inside!

I was definitely impressed! He bought the CD without my help...and nagging, lol. There is yet light inside the tunnel.

In a way, it was a surprise and not a surprise at the same time. How do you react to that? :-)

2 comments:

Tetcha said...

At least he remembered even if you got frustrated initially. All's well!

JonaBQ said...

wow so sweet. oh, i'll definitely ask what my hubby wants yet i know my hubby always wants this one thing frm me...:D
hey, would you like to join my new meme, Sweet Saturday? It's for couples this time. The first post and linky is up. Hope you can join.
btw, i followed you too! thanks!