Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Rodriguez Girls' Day Out

And it would have extended to a girls’ night out as well if it was up to me but I’m sure hubby would have had something to say about it.

You see, hubby was naughty and so we decided to be naughtier. Hubby ventured on a day off of his own and so the naughty Rodriguez girls sneaked out as well.

Girls’ day out with a big emphasis on girls – 2 girls by age and me by (in)sanity.

We started our celebration with a very late lunch at around 2pm. I was sooooo hungry. My eldest kept me waiting for almost an hour while she beautified herself. I had to resort to washing dishes whilst waiting. Anyway, once at the restaurant (Texamo Spur at The Glen), we quickly made our orders. My eldest was unimpressed that she was given the same menu as my youngest – the one for 12 years and younger. Ppffft!

Eldest with sirloin steak

Youngest with calamari rings and strawberry shake


Mummy with fish and calamari rings
After we finished eating, we went to buy our movie tickets at the counter. We decided before leaving the house that today was the day we meet Aang, the last airbender (see blog Moviegoer's Review on The Last Airbender). We get to the counter and proceeded to buy the tickets. We were asked to choose our seats. My eldest tells me that the best seats in the house are the ones where when you sit back, you don’t see the black edges on the side (Really warped? Is this even my child?). Unfortunately, those “best” seats were already taken. So we chose the seats behind them. Almost missed it but it was another moment where my eldest was trying to teach me to be “uber cool”....again. (Missed the first time? See blog ETC Goes HTC)

We had an hour and a half to kill after that so we decided to explore the mall more. We shopped….with our eyes.

Went into the movies (if you haven’t, see blog Moviegoer's Review on The Last Airbender. Ain’t repeating it here now, LOL).

It was 7pm when we left the cinema. Twas definitely a good excursion of 5 hours.

Got home and woke hubby up to tell him what he missed. Bleh!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

great bonding w/ ur girls. bleh, bleh, bleh, i say unto the hubby:)))

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

Saya saya naman ng girls night out niyo haha
xoxo
MrsM