Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Case Of Cooking Misguidance

My eldest decided to try and cook corn soup one night. This was her first time cooking it without my hubby’s guidance.

A bit later, she asked me to have a look at the pot. She thinks she’s put too much water. And indeed she has. I suggested she put more corn flour in the mixture to make it thicker.


Now I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this before. But I am pretty useless when it comes to the kitchen. I should actually come with a disclaimer that any advice you get from me about cooking is a no-no, if you know what’s good for you.

But being my child, she does not know this. And because mommy is a know-it-all, she obediently takes my advice.

A few minutes later, the corn soup is cooked. She offers us servings.

We get our bowls and like a scene from Oliver Twist, it went Plock! Plock!

OMG! We have invented the hot corn gelatin! (Wasn’t able to take a photo, eldest was too embarrassed with the jelly-like outcome.)

It was yummy though. Tasted like real corn soup. No complaints all round.

Note to self: What were you thinking? Giving such bad cooking advice. Luckily the soup did not turn into hard stone. LOL.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Oh i love corn soup! Actually, I just really like corn and all soups so the two together sound wonderful. I used to really enjoy cooking for my parents. Sweet of her to do that for you. : )
-http://leahainla.blogspot.com/

DLK said...

Corn soup sounds fantastic - jelly like or not! I think she should be very proud of herself!!!